Governmental Trading Corporation of Iran at a glance
Governmental Trading Corporation of Iran is affiliated to the Ministry of commerce targeting a complete concentration on governmental commercial affairs and policy making. Significant goals of G.T.C of Iran are as follows: Essential programming in the course of presentation of trading services & facilities related to necessary, crucial & basic goods, & acceleration in providing services and accomplishing entrusted tasks , and expanding these services all over the country , in order to improve distribution affairs, storage, packaging in the direction of making the consumers satisfied and encouraging private section to invest on trading affairs.
The role and situation of G.T.C in performance of market arrangement politics and organization of government tenure in commercial affairs, is of a great significance. Considering the general politics of Principle 44 of Constitutional Law notified by the Supreme Leader of revolution , this corporation, as other administrative systems, has a significant and strategic role in this course, such as:
- organizing , preparation and entrusting transferable governmental stocks of subset companies in the direction of expanding the role of private section and cooperation and improving competition in support activities and trading services and in the course of execution of Principle 44 of Constitutional Law.
- Organizing , supervising and accomplishing necessary commercial activities in the direction of performing market arrangement politics and protecting domestic production and also purchase, preparation of equipments , preservation and storage.
- Preparation, distribution, sale and exporting necessary, crucial & basic goods & other commodities making use of current devices, such as: cash markets, future markets, permission of transaction.
- Obtaining credit and loan from the banks & establishments & also loan payment to the persons and legal entities in the direction of corporations purposes according to the relevant rules and regulations.
- Management of stocks and subset companies and applying correct management and leading them in order to increase yield and profit and making a desired use of their facilities.
2- History and Background
With reference to the article No. 7 of the law of Ministry of Commerce establishment approved on 30th Tir in 1355, a company called , "Commercial Services Development Company (C S D C) was established and its articles of association were approved on 12th Tir in 1354 .
This company was established in order to provide the necessary facilities in the course of preparation of basic goods and supervising on the distribution network of mentioned commodities. In addition, this company undertook all trading services such as, providing necessary commodities and their transportation in order to develop distribution and storage affairs.
CSDC continued its activities till the final years of economic development second program of country by the same name. Finally during the development third program (1379-1383), three mergers and dissolutions targeting a complete. concentration on governmental trading affairs in an especialized mother corporation, were approved and executed. These mergers are as follows:
- First Merger: dissolution of "Sugar Organization of country", and entrusting its tasks and responsibilities to CSDC and changing the name of CSDC to CSDO (Commercial Services Development Organization ) in 1377 , the first merger was accomplished.
- Second Merger: According to the enactment No . T.13/561 dated 1381/12/28 of Administratine Supreme Council, GTC of Iran was combined wish CSDO from 1st khordad in 1381 & changed to the name of "Governmental Tarding Corporation of Iran " .
- Third Merger: Executing the mentioned enactment & its related anticle No.2, Corn Organization of the country was also closed down from 1382/12/30 & all its activities & tasks were entrusted to GTC of Iran from 1383 & from now on, this corporation was called GTC of Iran .
This corporation while having serious participation in executing market management politics & organizing government tenure , is in charge of executing theenactment of Purchase Council considering the decision made by Economy Council.
In this direction , this corporation accomplishes the timing program for purchasing, storage & distribution of basic goods, such as : Wheat , flour & bread , rice , crude oil , crude sugar & white sugar from domestic & foreign sources, & when necessary, this corporation also works in the market of commodities , such as : red meat , white meat , egg , paper , iron & etc. . .
- Providing the necessary facilities for expanding distribution network of basic goods all over the country.
- Taking actions in distribution of basic goods in such a way that they can be delivered to the consumers as fast as possible.
- Packaging & sorting the goods & preparing them for distribution & establishing the relevant facilities.
- Equipment & improvement of devices for discharging the good & also providing devices for clearing from air, sea & land borders with cooperation of relevant organizations in such a way that import & export of the goods will be accomplished in the least time.
- Transportation of goods by making use of allocated devices.
- Investment on participation in establishment & services of goods delivery.
- Establishing & improving the centers of distribution & sale (stable & Mobil ) for distributing basic goods .
- Obtaining the credit & loan from local or foreign sources considering the relevant regulations.